1996-10-30 - RE: Rumours of NSA breakin

Header Data

From: Alex Filacchione <alexf@iss.net>
To: “cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 709cb013e9f7df54d69dc707dc3b244d4b6a7f1f1a397ae741b30112e8fa506f
Message ID: <01BBC647.5B5511A0@alexf.iss.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 06:49:09 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Alex Filacchione <alexf@iss.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 06:49:09 -0800 (PST)
To: "cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: Rumours of NSA breakin

	I've been hearing rumours of an alledged compromise
of the NSA Web server but no hard evidence. The claim made is
that several Mb of files were downloaded from the server and
posted to the "Internet". I can't see it in sci.crypt or
alt.conspiracy though.

	I am more than a little skeptical of the claim, unless the
files in question were not considered sensitive - and there is
no reason to believe that the NSA would be keeing anything
secret on their Web server.

end up getting posted to one of the "warez" groups or something.

If this were true, I would be interested to know just what it was that they
were keeping on their website and why.  Could they be trojaned files?
 Would the NSA go to so much trouble when there are easier ways of doing
things?  Just curious about this....

Alex F
alexf@iss.net

Thread