1996-10-10 - Re: Swan song…

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: perry@piermont.com
Message Hash: 8ef9f29e48f084614d75a0cfbb4a83a8e744fe4dbd83398ca72873b8c93bf6f1
Message ID: <325D0249.1E36@gte.net>
Reply To: <199610100701.DAA13077@jekyll.piermont.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-10 14:07:42 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 07:07:42 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 07:07:42 -0700 (PDT)
To: perry@piermont.com
Subject: Re: Swan song...

Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> Well, folks, after four or five years here, I'm finally leaving.

[pathetic whining snipped]

> The new list will be run very tightly. Some people will doubtless
> label me a fascist and say I'm impinging on their ability to be
> "free". Those that feel that the best use of their freedom is to
> urinate into their own drinking water are entitled to their beliefs --
> but they will not be welcome on the new list.*

[more whining snipped]

Nothing in the real world is perfect, ideal, or even relatively close to
either one.  If you want to really solve your problems, it will not
likely be in running away, but in getting some therapy (seriously).

As far as Fascist goes, fascism is fun enough when everyone gets to
participate, but I get the idea you feel "some of the pigs are more
equal than others", if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

I haven't been on the list more than 6-8 weeks, but in that time, it's
been more interesting than I would have guessed for a non-technical
forum, which isn't necessarily good, but this is the real world.

Thread