1996-10-21 - Paper on Network Security

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 98bd0a7cbbf45d2fbbec257064fa024aee3ad2b2305649a7c8e29197ce1be5b4
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19961021015413.0067fab8@pop.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 18:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 1996 18:54:55 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Paper on Network Security

   We posted news* a few days ago of a white paper by the
   OURS organization on network security. We have put it at:

      http://jya.com/recsec.htm  (63 kb)

   OURS is an our-gang of gorilla industries such as
   Bellcore, Chase, LDS(!), Compaq, DEC, EDS, EXXON,
   IBM, Intel, MIT, Microsoft, Motorola, Novell, Oracle,
   Princeton, Security Dynamics (!), Societe Generale, Texaco
   and Ziff-Davis. Mother of all GAK-enfeebled alliances.

   The report was prepared by an Information Protection Task
   Force of OURS members assisted by Amex, ICL, Mergent and
   TIS.

   It's a fair overview of what mega-corporations fear of
   network vipers and what they pray will exorcize the
   Edenic mayhemics.

   Sorry, it's a bit too long for E-mail.

   * That original news report is at: http://jya.com/oursay.txt

Thread