1996-10-08 - Re: Put up or shut up!

Header Data

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
To: “James A. Donald” <unicorn@schloss.li>
Message Hash: 9945edd5c6b79bc2cc974ee87647b5ccd2e0b23ab6e18d75b00145f70b374610
Message ID: <3.0b19.32.19961008065505.00d0a9c4@panix.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:43:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 21:43:50 +0800
To: "James A. Donald" <unicorn@schloss.li>
Subject: Re: Put up or shut up!

At 12:44 AM 10/7/96 -0700, James A. Donald wrote:

>The reason that no one publishes "How to" step by step instructions for
>discretely expatriating your money is exactly the same reason as the reason
>that nobody publishes "How to" step by step instructions for buying dope.
>
>For example one ever popular method of expatriating money, (or repatriating
>it to preferred politicians), is by means of a friendly cattle futures
>broker.

I have read many descriptions of techniques to discretely expatriate one's
money over the years.  Some were good and many bad but they are certainly
out there.  Since it is actually a trivial problem until one reaches the
second million or so, individuals can usually come up with fair methods for
themselves.  (Try to avoid the bags of $100 bills on the airplane though.)

DCF

Thread