1996-10-04 - Re: White House crypto proposal – too little, too late

Header Data

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
To: “Declan McCullagh” <joeshea@netcom.com>
Message Hash: aa60aa7c8de2d1d651b9feb63b2338da2f0eaae853f324fa56c6fb2c80ac0102
Message ID: <19961004020539265.AAI223@GIGANTE>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 20:27:11 +0800

Raw message

From: Adamsc@io-online.com (Adamsc)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 20:27:11 +0800
To: "Declan McCullagh" <joeshea@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: White House crypto proposal -- too little, too late

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996 10:27:46 -0700 (PDT), Joe Shea wrote:

>	You just managed to justify your own censorship of the list,
>Declan.  Talk about clueless!

How'd that old line go about cooking implements and carbon deposits?

As has often been enumerated on the list:
	If someone wishes to say something - anything - to a group of like-minded
people, that is his choice.  If they choose not to listen, that is their
choice.   If declan chooses not to forward mail to a list he moderates, it's
his choice.  He doesn't force anyone to read that list.  He certainly doesn't
force them to avoid any other lists. If they don't like his list or disagree
with his views they can show their disapproval by going elsewhere (seealso:
Free Market)

Consider your argument in a different light:  Do you complain that Rush
Limbaugh never lets the head of N.O.W. or Bill Clinton do a show?

#  Chris Adams <adamsc@io-online.com>   | http://www.io-online.com/adamsc/adamsc.htp
#  <cadams@acucobol.com>		 | send mail with subject "send PGPKEY"
"That's our advantage at Microsoft; we set the standards and we can change them."
   --- Karen Hargrove, Microsoft (quoted in the Feb 1993 Unix Review editorial)

Thread