1996-10-06 - Re: FUCK!!!!!!;-)

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
To: Troy Varange <varange@crl.com>
Message Hash: ae76f599bab362ccc156e0e2a7482cef16855b3c52b976fcbf279950a9535ea8
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961006082035.3902E-100000@eff.org>
Reply To: <199610050310.AA01791@crl5.crl.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-06 17:21:56 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 01:21:56 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@eff.org>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 1996 01:21:56 +0800
To: Troy Varange <varange@crl.com>
Subject: Re: FUCK!!!!!!;-)

Will is hardly a "media monopoly" representive, or someone who spits out
"ADS as news."

If his longtime reading of the cypherpunks mailing list wasn't a good
enough clue, you may remember that Will broke the Clipper III story
earlier this year.

And yes, I am a card-carrying member of the media -- and a fan of Will's
writing.

-Declan

HotWired
Washington, DC

On Fri, 4 Oct 1996, Troy Varange wrote:

> > >Or maybe this journalist, like most, doesn't know what the fuck he's
> > >talking about?
> >
> > To which this card-carrying member of the media replies:
> >
> > Companies cited in the PRESS RELEASE - that means public relations product,
> > not journalism product - were involved in signing off on what went into the
> > release. By definition, no member of the press was involved in producing
> > this document
> >
> > It seems directing questions to the companies would be a good idea.
> >
> > Will Rodger
> > Washington Bureau Chief
> > Interactive Week.
>
> You media monopoly asswipes love corporate press releases because
> your too cheap to hire real journalists.
>
> Yes, there's a problem with publishing ADS as news.  Look at the
> magazine shelfs and the newspapers for proof.

// declan@eff.org // I do not represent the EFF // declan@well.com //

Thread