1996-10-05 - Re: The Right to Keep and Bear Crypto

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Message Hash: b4b63a30e3c4523abfcf6ca12669cc72f18a2b1cf546bd6f1472139a67547713
Message ID: <32561974.69FA@gte.net>
Reply To: <v02130500ae7ac982a9d8@[10.0.2.15]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-05 11:29:31 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 19:29:31 +0800

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 19:29:31 +0800
To: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: The Right to Keep and Bear Crypto

Steve Schear wrote:
> >Why is it "disturbing" that for administrative convenience a
> >regulation uses a shorthand term (in effect saying "treat crypto as
> >if it was a munition"), but that the courts say whatever convenient
> >shorthand you use for regulatory bookkeeping, it has no
> >constitutional effect?

[some text deleted]

> >I might add that I personally find all discussions of plots to kill
> >people, or to watch gleefully while others seek to do so, so morally
> >repulsive that I now killfile everyone who takes part in them.

> I hope that includes all comuniques from our government's Executive
> branch (although they almost never discuss these things publitically,
> with the possible exception of our raid on Kadaffi).  How about the
> popular U.S. consensus that the government aught to have killed
> Saddam?

[more text deleted]

> Thanks for your informative responses.  I don't expect a reply as
> you've undoubtedly placed me in your kill file (as some other may have
> already).

Hooray for a great post.  I'd really like to see this person live up to
his/her words, and killfile (in *every* applicable way) all those
homicidal bastards, including, but not limited to, Bill Clinton, Lloyd
Bentsen, Bush, Eagleburger, Scowcroft, Summers, Reno, Freeh, Deutsch,
and so on.  Kill(file) 'em all, and let God sort 'em out.  Heh heh.

Thread