1996-10-24 - Slander by Vulis. Possible lawsuit?

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: “Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Message Hash: c2833ded4399426c26c78639f876459b2095783e00d8e72f2e1f18813e4ff1f8
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961024141130.16354C-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Reply To: <yq69VD3w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-24 18:49:29 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:49:29 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 11:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
To: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
Subject: Slander by Vulis. Possible lawsuit?

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis (spammer and flame artist) KOTM wrote:

> I used to think that ethnic flames were off-topic for cypherpunks, but seeing
> how Timmy May and his friends sput off every day about "crazy Russians", I'm
> beginning to think that it may be on-topic.

Right.  How many "crawzy Russians" messages have you seen from me?  If
I've attacked you, it's your cowardice and your spamming that I've
attacked.  Show me a message I've posted that attacks your ancestry?

> Surely the fact that Armenians have massacred more Jews and Moslems during
> 20th century alone than there are Armenians has certain connections to
> assassination politics.

Nice try.  Assassination Politics have little to do with your masacres,
and I am not about to bring up the earlier massacre of Armenians by Turks.
There is of course a second side to every coin, but of course you fail to
report on that, because your reports are of the yellowest form of journalism.

It is indeed a nice try, but all you are doing is posting spam news
postings which are copyrighted.  And again, you didn't answer the
question of whether or not you received permission to copy those texts
and post them on line.

Had you brought up the question of how this applies to assasination
politics, you might have gotten away with some of it, but alas, you
didn't think of that until now

Next question - if that stuff has any relation to assasination politics,
why didn't you bring it up until now?  Possibly because you needed some
reason to justify your flames, right? :)  Your excuses are very very thin
Vulis.

> > As for "censorous flamer" you sir have done plenty to make my filtered
> > list thrive.  I have received by far more new subscribers to the filtered
> > version than ever before.  Why?  Because everyone is tired of you and
> > your silly flames.  Were I mercenary enough to charge money for the
> > filtered list, you, sir would have made me a rich man.
>
> I pity the fools who want a genodical maniac to filter what they read.

Maybe so, but you are the reason they have joined my list.  Doesn't that
just warm the cockles of your heart?  You are actually helping my
filtered list with your cretinous flames and spams.  Doesn't it make you
feel good?

> > However, you are doing nothing to hurt me in any way.  I don't care what
> > your oppinions are as to my ancestry, nor do I care to satisfy them one
> > way or another by answering your cretinous flames.
>
> You certainly write several times more on this subject than I do.

Judging at how you like to send 48Kb spams every once in a while -
technically not written by you, yes - you seem to have a lot more racial
prejudice than you would like others to believe.

Again, where did I bring up your ancestry?  And where did you bring up
mine?  You seem to have little tiny balls, and one way you inflate them
is by claiming to have been racially snubbed, but the truth is you are
attempting to damage my reputation with racial slanders.

Tell me Vulis, and prove this, in what way am I responsible for the
single death or maiming of any person?  Show us the evidence.  Not your
flamed news postings, but real evidence.

I was not born in the region where that war exists, I never lived there.
In fact, my parents weren't even born there.  You see Vulis, my
grandparents left that scraggy piece of land called Armenia while their
families were masacred by the Turks.  So how is it that you claim that my
ancestors and are responsible for wars going on now when they weren't
even anywhere near it?

You also insinuate that by extension I am responsible for attacks against
Muslims and Jews.  That too is slanderous and racist, as racist as any
attack you claim has wronged you.

I'd call that accusation and lack of proof slanderous.  What do the
lawyers on this list think? Hrmmm?

> > You seem to think that you can get away with anything. But keep pushing,
> > eventually you'll say something that will wind you up with a slander suit.
>
> Spoken like a true Libertarian. They always threaten to sue for
> libel whenever they disagree with someone.

And why not?  If you libel my name, it will cost you. And that's not
libertarianism, it's capitalism.  Just as trademark infringement and
copyright laws are settled through money.  (Speaking of copyright, you've
yet to prove written permission for your repostings sir.)

 + ^ + |  Ray Arachelian    |FL|       KAOS KERAUNOS KYBERNETOS      |==/|\==
  \|/  |sunder@sundernet.com|UL|__Nothing_is_true,_all_is_permitted!_|=/\|/\=
<--+-->| ------------------ |CG|What part of 'Congress shall make no |=\/|\/=
  /|\  | "A toast to Odin,  |KA| law abridging the freedom of speech'|==\|/==
 + v + |God of screwdrivers"|AK|        do you not understand?       |=======
      If the Macintosh is a woman...  Then Windows is a Transvestite!
           ActiveX! ActiveX! Format Hard drive? Just say yes!

Thread