1996-10-30 - Re: slander and call for lawyers. :)

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c97b2b655e9bc9c9459b6bce9d779e7f28e245db95bf5eaffe3bc613f6afaf54
Message ID: <JL3LwD14w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199610300533.VAA20126@netcom7.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-30 12:58:55 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:58:55 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 04:58:55 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: slander and call for lawyers. :)

Note: I am not subscribed to this mailing list. I've been forcibly
unsubscribed and not permittecd to resubscribe.

frantz@netcom.com (Bill Frantz) writes:
> I am quite willing to transfer my pledge of $50 (which was given in the
> hope that the event would attract Attila, not Dimitri) to Ray's legal
> defense fund.
>
> I want to be clear that this transfer is only valid for defense.  If the
> fund will be used to legally attack Dimitri, I'd like my money back.  That
> falls in the category of inviting the courts to rule on net-disputes,
> something I would like to discourage.  (Attacking Dimitri seems also to
> fall into the category of bullshit suits, something else I would like to
> discourage.)

You seem to be confused. No one suggested that I have any plans to sue
Ray Arachelian. Some of the lies he and Tim May posted to this mailing
list are probably actionable, but I don't believe in suing over something
said on the net.

Ray Arachelian has repeatedly threatened to sue me over my posts to this
mailing list, and that's what his legal fund is for. It is by no means a
legal "defense" fund.

A related question: when persons of Japanese descent (including 3rd generation
U.S. citizens) were rounded up during WW2 and confined to concentration camps,
where many died from deprivation and disease, why weren't persons of Armenian
descent similarly "interned"? Weren't they even more sympathetic to the Nazis
that persons of German descent?

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM