1996-10-12 - No Subject

Header Data

From: Compton <kpieckie@Harding.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cb176e6dd32147166819c77f633c547b892e5ea9d334351e84dab8557199cb7f
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.94.961011230315.21141A-100000@taz>
Reply To: <v03007833ae843c15bf0b@[206.119.69.46]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-10-12 04:51:36 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Compton <kpieckie@Harding.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:51:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

Due to the high volume of mail from this list, I rarely get to read every
message that comes through here.  Thus, I ask a reply be sent to
kpieckie@harding.edu directly rather than through the list.

Please forgive the interruption if this message is slightly off-topic.

The library here at Harding University is attempting to set up some
internet computers that run Netscape only and do not allow access to
anything else on the computers.  We use a scripting program called Flute
that hides the Program Manager (WFW 3.11) and reloads Netscape when it is
nuked with Alt-F4.  Another program removes the ability to use any of the
netscape pulldown menus less help.

The problem is the keyboard.  If a user hit's Alt-F4 after Progman has
loaded but before the Flute script executes, Flute is terminated and the
user has access to the computer.  Are there any programs that will disable
Alt-F4 and Control-Esc in Windows?  Where can they be attained?  Freeware
is preferable, shareware is fine, trial period is required for commercial
products.  Thanks.

Kevin
kpieckie@harding.edu

Thread