1996-11-17 - More lies from Timmy [fart] May

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 17b6d8999458bd64755f02a71a47c73e2be90a852ab9dd898e91414bf5968c9f
Message ID: <gF4JXD36w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <v03007800aeb405c5abe0@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-17 23:00:55 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:00:55 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 1996 15:00:55 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: More lies from Timmy [fart] May

Timmy May <tcmay@got.net> farts:
> Fact is, I now have more people in my Eudora filter file that at any time
> in the four years this list has existed. Also a fact, there are more people

I don't believe Timmy.

> on this list that at any time in history (despite what some of the New Wave
> journalists are writing about "the death of the Cypherpunks list").

This censored forum has no credibility, irrespective of the number of
subscribers.

> I suspect John Gilmore made a tactical error in kicking Vulis off the list,

Timmy tacitly admits that he lied when he claimed that no one had kicked me
off the list.

> has never imposed restrictions on topic, membership, etc. This one case
> involving Vulis was well-described by John: he asked Vulis to stop sending
> 50K byte rants about the Armenians and Turks to the list--consider that
> 50KB x 1500 destinations = 75 MB of outgoing traffic, modulo corrections
> for aliases, compression, etc.

If that's how John Gilmore described it, then he's lying again. He never said
anything to me about the size of my messages, only about their contents.

Moreover if John Gilmore had a problem with the size of articles being sent
to his private mailing list, he would have configured majordomo not to
broadcast submissions above a certain size, the way most majordomo mailing
lists are configured.

John Gilmore is clearly a liar.

> Yes, this message is itself likely to trigger at least a couple of "More
> lies from Timmy [fart] May" spews from Vulis, and a couple of incoherent

Of course Timmy May and John Gilmore would rather lie and not be called liars.

> rants from newcomers Stathis and Aga. I've been saying little on this
> issue, compared to dozens of Vulis rants every day (ironic that he calls
> _me_ the main ranter!)

This from the asshole who rants about "don't hire" lists, "crazy Russians",
and mormons...

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM