1996-11-13 - Re: Money-making ideas for Igor Chudov

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: 194f6c416947a8b9187e00d6430c1806e2496ef26e3022a6af0dcadd28e64e2a
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961113053451.20903D-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <VBaBXD48w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-13 10:42:43 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 02:42:43 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 02:42:43 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: Money-making ideas for Igor Chudov

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 22:03:06 EST
> From: "Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com>
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: Re: Money-making ideas for Igor Chudov
>
> aga <aga@dhp.com> writes:
> > >
> > > "Igor 'FUCK MNE HARDER' Chudov @ home" <ichudov@algebra.com> writes:
> >
> > algebra.com is a suspect domain.
>
> Yes, Dr. Grubor - it's been implicated in Jan Isley's (spit) Usenet vote fraud:

I did not know about that.  I was speaking of another incident
when a user from that domain sent something to my pgh.org

(chop)

> > > (Alternatively, he can even e-mail 6 more issues of worthless advice to tho
> > > who caughed up the $20, so they can't complain. It would be hard to prosecu
> > > Igor without proving that all 8 newsletters were published by the same pers
> > > who's been giving contradictory advice to different people.)
> > >
> > But what Law would you charge him with?
> > Unless you could prove his "intent" I see no way that you
> > could ever prove any case against him.
>
> The intent is to defraud, but shouldn't absolute free speech protect fraud
> and libel?

Fraud always must have theft connected with it, so it is
a crime, but libel is never any crime, and is only civil.
Freedom of speech is no defense to any criminal charge,
but may be to a civil one.

-jg

Thread