1996-11-26 - Re: SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE

Header Data

From: Douglas Barnes <cman@c2.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1c9f74390991d509f4ea152b9065e2b309b2dbcb8c1a6af13f76af2db7452d11
Message ID: <2.2.32.19961126212424.00cba538@blacklodge.c2.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:26:15 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Douglas Barnes <cman@c2.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 13:26:15 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE

>>       SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE
>
>BTW, this doesn't come with source code.

No, it does not come with source code. Site licenses and OEM
bundling packages will come with a source code option. Partners
who work with us in internationalizing the product may also
receive source code. However, it did not seem to be useful or
appropriate for a consumer-level product like this.

We are trying to find a happy medium between making sure that the
security is well-reviewed, and doing things that make business
sense and map onto standard industry practice for selling software
products.

Note that SafePassage uses SSLeay for its encryption and SSL
protocol layer; SSLeay has publicly available source code, and has
been extensively reviewed.

Douglas Barnes
C2Net

Thread