1996-11-30 - Re: IPG Algorith Broken!

Header Data

From: wichita@cyberstation.net
To: “Igor Chudov @ home” <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: 205f330fe6f85e996d36f7c8c8763a8433e7fbbc1a555d270725a7b1483d2975
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.95.961130040801.19278Q-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
Reply To: <199611270044.SAA11917@algebra>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-30 10:15:40 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 02:15:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: wichita@cyberstation.net
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 02:15:40 -0800 (PST)
To: "Igor Chudov @ home" <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re: IPG Algorith Broken!

On Tue, 26 Nov 1996, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk wrote:
> > Perfect is a better term. Strictly speaking it is because there is no
> > finite unicity distance (the amount of ciphertext with which the
> > cipher can theoretically be broken). So, stricly speaking, for a given
> > message C and a prospective pad, P, out of a set of N pads which may
> > or may not be correct:
> >
> > P(P|C) = N^-1
>
> What does it mean?

Yes, McPuff, what does it mean. Like all of your other pabulum, it does not
mean anything that has any significance to anyone living or yet to live.
I also greatly appreciate you defining unicity distance for me, I have
always wanted to know that.

With kindest regards,

Don Wood

Thread