1996-11-21 - Re: 1996 Codebreakers

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2253f8c1140ec198f1833866b426e861136fff16b71f9d5c3093c6872f32d975
Message ID: <199611210438.UAA02202@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:38:22 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 20:38:22 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: 1996 Codebreakers

>Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org> writes:
>> 	I just got a review copy of the new (1996) ed. of Kahn's The
>> Codebreakers from my local used bookstore.  Its a little disapointing,
>> & DH.  Nothing on Cypherpunks, little on how privacy can be enhanced.
The above was stripped from a reply made by Dr Dimitri Vulis.

I have just one question, was the copy that you purchased hardcopy or paperback?
I found the paperback in a school library and found that it said that the
technical portion had been abridged to save space, (and money).
I cannot say that I read the whole text, only the first half chapter and
then some skipping around trying to find the RSA algorthim.  I later found
it in a periodical to which I am subscribed.

Thread