1996-11-04 - [NONCRYPTO] censorship on cypherpunks

Header Data

From: Brian D Williams <talon57@well.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3876dc95c415fe4637091010b5fe61af0aa1611ea164e31afd0ab0cfc5be644f
Message ID: <199611042209.OAA25717@well.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:09:57 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Brian D Williams <talon57@well.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:09:57 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: [NONCRYPTO] censorship on cypherpunks

I agree with John's decision.

As others have already pointed out, this list (T.A.Z.) exists
because of the generous nature of our host. It quite literally
exists in his home as I recall. (Toad Hall)

John made numerous requests for Dimitri to be polite to his other
guests and was scorned for his attempt. John then removed him from
his residence.

Dimitri is now standing on the virtual sidewalk outside where he
can continue to shout his insults, since as John knows well, his
actions are no more than a "speedbump". Dimitri can get a list feed
from a number of other sources, and can in fact continue to post.

But John has made his point, and his actions hardly constitute
censorship.

Brian

"A government supported artist is an incompetent fool - Lazarus
Long"

Thread