1996-11-17 - Re: Giving Kill Files a Workout…

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 38d4d237c8eda6bc557c825ab4e50fc12528076695c56373bdc2dd8f6aad1de0
Message ID: <H7FiXD17w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <328DF064.740B@gte.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-17 00:10:34 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 16:10:34 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 16:10:34 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Giving Kill Files a Workout...

Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> writes:

> Alan Olsen wrote:
> > What a week!  What is this?  "Net Loon pig-pile on Cypherpunks day?"
> > So far i have killfiled three people in the past two days.  (That is the
> > total number I filtered to trash before that date.)
> > For those of you who are sick of wading through this mess, I am willing to
> > show you what it will take to filter those of your choice to /dev/null or
> > its local equivelent. (procmail can be your friend!)
>
> Thank you in advance for your filtering instructions (yawn).
>
> BTW, why would anyone give a shit whether you killfiled anyone or not?

But, Dale, that's the whole point of censorship: people like Alan Olsen
and John Gilmore and Jim Ray aren't satisfied when they've killfiles a
source of noise they consider annoying so it doesn't bother them anymore.
They feel compelled to silence it altogether. They claim altruistically
that they don't want the noise to bother anyone else, such as the clueless
newbies who keep subscribing to this mailing list and don't know how to
use mail filters. (Sandy Sanford's concern for them was soooo touching...)

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM