1996-11-30 - Re: The Rise and Fall of Cypherpunks WAS [Re: the Dennings]

Header Data

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Message Hash: 402c920bf3aa0f4336b21c86627bb769984a089d8fadecbc5a666fc3a841a751
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961130145407.24591C-100000@dhp.com>
Reply To: <NLR8XD40w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-30 20:03:39 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 12:03:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 1996 12:03:39 -0800 (PST)
To: freedom-knights@jetcafe.org
Subject: Re: The Rise and Fall of Cypherpunks  WAS [Re: the Dennings]

On Sat, 30 Nov 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

> attila@primenet.com writes:
> >         we, and I mean all of us, who contribute the bulk of the
> >     "opinions" to cypherpunks gave the mainstream press the biggest
> >     possible hole to run straight over us, declaring us anarchists
> >     and wild-eyed fanatics. unless we as a group mend our ways, and
> >     turn out intelligent reasoning for the advance of cryptography as
> >     a mainstream way of life, we will be forever consigned not only to
> >     the dustbin, but subject to the ridicule of both the press and the
> >     government.
>
> Ridicule is what John Gilmore and EFF deserve, and more.
>
> >         None of us are above a little sarcasm --but let's get the
> >     vituperative effluent out of the system.  do whatever you wish in
> >     private mail, but keep the profane rantings off the list.
> >
> >             this goes for you, Dimitri; and "aga" too.

Well, if it does not apply to Boursy, then you are still going
to get a royal ass-kicking. The EFF and Gilmore are too connected
to UUNET and the cabal to have any credibility on this usenet any
m.

And DIG: I never even subscribed to the stupid fucking list!
All I ever did was respond to the cypherpunks out of a courtesy to
never cut headers.  I could give a shit less about whatever you
"punks" do.  I ain't no "punk" and I don't like the word when
there is an admitted faggot at the helm.

And the guy being a faggot is the whole reason why the EFF
or the cypherpunks have no credibility.  A sick fucking culture it
is now defined as, by most onlookers.

> I suspect John Gilmore is opposed to the spread of cryptography and privacy
> technology. He _opposed my efforts to template NPOs for running the anonymous
> remailers, because he believes in "identity escrow" - the ability of the
> remailer operators to track down and silence whoever "abuses" their network to
> say things "homophobic" and otherwise politically incorrect. John Gilmore and
> his pack of 'punks would rather see no crypto deployed than widely available
> weak crypto with hooks that permit easy replacement by stronger crypto.
> Is John Gilmore an NSA plant, an "agent provocateur"?
>
> ---
>
> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM
> Brighton Beach Boardwalk BBS, Forest Hills, N.Y.: +1-718-261-2013, 14.4Kbps

Admitted homosexuals have no place in the modern usenet.
Now keep your replies to the cypherpunks list; I don't
want to hear any more punk shit!

-aga

Thread