1996-11-26 - Re: SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE

Header Data

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
To: cman@c2.net
Message Hash: 477d072fc16f9c813460ecc10523897129953ffe3fcf9a06edfbce153cec63c1
Message ID: <199611251533.PAA00540@server.test.net>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19961126212424.00cba538@blacklodge.c2.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-26 23:34:38 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:34:38 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 15:34:38 -0800 (PST)
To: cman@c2.net
Subject: Re: SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE

Doug Barnes <cman@c2.net> writes:
> >>       SAFEPASSAGE BRINGS STRONG CRYPTO TO WEB BROWSERS WORLDWIDE
> >
> >BTW, this doesn't come with source code.
> >

> No, it does not come with source code. Site licenses and OEM
> bundling packages will come with a source code option. Partners
> who work with us in internationalizing the product may also
> receive source code. However, it did not seem to be useful or
> appropriate for a consumer-level product like this.

I'm curious as to how C2 is going about this `internationalization'
process?  Do you do your software development outside the US?  Do you
do a joint development inside and outside with clean room code?  Do
you export software with hooks, and employ lawyers to defend against
the possibility of getting knobbled for ITAR violation on this basis?

Regardless, congratulations on another good product, deliverable
worldwide.  A very cypherpunkly goal, strong crypto deployment.

Adam