1996-11-14 - Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: dave@kachina.jetcafe.org (Dave Hayes)
Message Hash: 551031ec06add4f8044b0457e62dd81389ab30420305efca14d3bd47f6f4ef68
Message ID: <199611141839.MAA01024@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199611141831.KAA20729@kachina.jetcafe.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-14 18:42:55 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:42:55 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 10:42:55 -0800 (PST)
To: dave@kachina.jetcafe.org (Dave Hayes)
Subject: Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Dave Hayes wrote:
> Igor "Gadzooks" Chudov writes:
> > Dave Hayes wrote:
> > > You won't do this, because I won't let you on the list. I, unlike you
> > > or Mr. Gilmore, have the judgement on whom to invite to my list.
> > So what's the difference between yours and gilmore's position?
>
> Simple. I choose whom to invite to my parties. Gilmore provides an
> open door.

Providing an open door does not mean that it is always open to everyone,
Dave. It only means that it is open to all by default, but that policy
can be reversed for certain individuals. That is not to say that I agree
with Gilmore's the decision to kick Vulis out from cypherpunks, but John's
decision was neither dishonorable nor he was acting outside his powers,
in my opinion.

	- Igor.

Thread