1996-11-14 - Re: Computer Security Training

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: Paul George <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6028744451de9a5f78c89f8b4806ca20489ac451cdfa70f3bc4fa96a357f386a
Message ID: <199611141540.HAA05666@toad.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 07:43:55 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 07:43:55 -0800 (PST)
To: Paul George <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Computer Security Training

At 04:44 PM 11/13/96 -0500, Paul George wrote:

>I'd like to ask very poignant questions since this will be my second to
>the last day working for Uncle Sam. (I'm going Private Industry, yeeaa!!)
>
>And I really don't care what my boss thinks of my questions. ;)
>
>Paul.
>
>Oh, I unsubscribed to the list, 500 emails over a long weekend is too
>much.  So please CC: questions to george@justice.usdoj.gov and I will
>forward all answers to the list. Thanks a bunch....
First of all, do you need references?  Your boss would probably be the best
one, unless you destroy h[is,er] faith in you.
Second, when would they fire you anyway?  Two th three weeks later?  After
your grace period expired?  By then you should already be out of your
office.  Unless you need the course for your free enterprize work.
If not, you could impress your boss, (and possibly get a few extra
government contracts down the line), by volunteering to stay at your desk as
you won't need the material for your employment.
The above was made under the assumption that your branch occasionaly
"outsources" projects or calls on private consultants when it needs extra
hands (minds).

Thread