1996-11-06 - Re: [NOISE] Censorship of Dr. Vulius

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6c206c09a7a2533def5750858e4d5ce2b91a0222239261bb40e4d2ed3fffcc1a
Message ID: <kZaywD20w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19961105063515.006c9fa4@gonzo.wolfenet.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-06 07:00:22 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 23:00:22 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 1996 23:00:22 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [NOISE] Censorship of Dr. Vulius

Cerridwyn Llewyellyn <ceridwyn@wolfenet.com> writes:
> I don't think anyone has argued that the owner of the list doesn't have the
> right to remove people from it.  However, simply because he has the right to
> doesn't mean he should, and it also doesn't mean other members can't or
> shouldn't argue that he made a bad decision (unless, of course, the dissentin
> members are removed as well.)  Many, if not most, members believe the list
> should be run in a non-authoritarian manner (whoever argued that the term
> authoritarian applies only to governments is wrong.  the difference is a pers
> has the right to act in an authoritarian manner over his own property whereas
> a government doesn't have that right over it's citizens.  Again, however,
> having
> the right doesn't necessarily make it "okay").

I wholeheartedly concur. I happen to own a lot of books. I disagree with a lot
that's said in those books. I have the right to burn my books, but I don't. :-)

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM