1996-11-08 - Re: [rant] Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

Header Data

From: Paul Foley <mycroft@actrix.gen.nz>
To: roach_s@alph.swosu.edu
Message Hash: 736a99432387bb3ae336eac8dbb618628f68cb81af67a76f7c86c0ac9c205974
Message ID: <199611080339.QAA17498@mycroft.actrix.gen.nz>
Reply To: <199611071856.KAA18731@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-08 05:19:21 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 21:19:21 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Paul Foley <mycroft@actrix.gen.nz>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 21:19:21 -0800 (PST)
To: roach_s@alph.swosu.edu
Subject: Re: [rant] Re: Censorship on cypherpunks

On Thu, 7 Nov 1996 10:56:01 -0800 (PST), Sean Roach wrote:

   Actually, I was comparing some people on the list, who were saying someone
   could always start thier own list, with those who advocate telling someone
   to start a new country as opposed to making their vote count.  This is a

This is a ridiculous comparison.

Starting your own country is virtually impossible, not to mention
unthinkably expensive, and if you could do it, it would mean packing
up and physically moving to another location -- something you may not
want to do (especially since your new country would surely have none
of the amenities you're used to -- indoor plumbing, supermarkets,
etc.)  Starting your own list, on the other hand, is almost as easy as
breathing, requires no great expense, and doesn't preclude you from
also being a member of this list.

   free country where we, fortunately, don't have to hang around, and, this is

You don't have to stay in the US, but if you want to leave you do have
to find somewhere else to go.

--
Paul Foley <mycroft@actrix.gen.nz>       ---         PGPmail preferred

	   PGP key ID 0x1CA3386D available from keyservers
    fingerprint = 4A 76 83 D8 99 BC ED 33  C5 02 81 C9 BF 7A 91 E8
Reader, suppose you were an idiot.  And suppose you were a member of
Congress.  But I repeat myself.
		-- Mark Twain

Thread