1996-11-15 - Re: your mail

Header Data

From: “Mark O. Aldrich” <maldrich@grci.com>
To: Bovine Remailer <haystack@cow.net>
Message Hash: 88c188f265db21b6c640aa516f858f061d3e2cdef472017aa341408c735e7ca7
Message ID: <Pine.SCO.3.93.961115150059.22054E-100000@grctechs.va.grci.com>
Reply To: <9611140239.AA16352@cow.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-15 20:42:45 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:42:45 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Mark O. Aldrich" <maldrich@grci.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 12:42:45 -0800 (PST)
To: Bovine Remailer <haystack@cow.net>
Subject: Re: your mail

On Wed, 13 Nov 1996, Bovine Remailer wrote:

> Foulmouthed <name snipped> rehashes his lies like a rabid parrot choking
> on a stale mantra stuck in its poisonous beak.

Obviously, we're taking "<user name> sucks" messages to a new level.
The author seems to be striving for some display of literary prowess,
albeit one that's a tad heavy on similes.

So that we can all save some time (why use valuable time to think of "you
suck" messages, when you can just have the computer build them for you?),
perhaps folks should take a look at the "Chomskybot" that's running at
"http://www.ling.lsa.umich.edu/cgi-bin/chomsky.pl".  Being familiar with
Noam Chomsky helps, but most everyone will see the value of what the site
has to offer.

By changing the initiating, subject, verbal and terminating phrases, the
Chomskybot should be able to provide exactly what's needed when trading
insults with other Cypherpunks.  We can have contests for "Best of Breed"
(hell, we *already* have contests, it's just that nobody ever wins any
prizes), and "genre" categories based on upcoming events, holidays,
political headlines, etc.  Eventually, someone will link the Perl code
into procmail or cron, and we can have a new "<user name> sucks" message
automatically mailed to the list every few seconds by battling Cypherpunk
super-computer-powered "clans".  When enough automated insults fill the
list, human interaction will simply cease and then we can all enjoy the
enormous amounts of free time that we'll have since we won't actually
have to read anything any longer.

So, we got any Perl programmers out there?

|It's a small world and it smells bad     |        Mark Aldrich         |
|I'd buy another if I had                 |   GRCI INFOSEC Engineering  |
|Back                                     |     maldrich@grci.com       |
|What I paid                              | MAldrich@dockmaster.ncsc.mil|
|For another mother****er in a motorcade  |Quote from "Sisters of Mercy"|
|The author is PGP Empowered.  Public key at:  finger maldrich@grci.com |
|    The opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the author     |
|         and my employer gets no credit for them whatsoever.           |