1996-11-14 - Re: Not. [Was Re: Federal Reserve Bank is ILLEGAL?]

Header Data

From: “Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law” <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
To: Rich Graves <rcgraves@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: 8bf9d47f313c8d7d785f02c7755602ba06268ad6ca0aab782b3d42db9b013db2
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.95.961114110208.13209P-100000@viper.law.miami.edu>
Reply To: <32892276.4439@ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-14 16:25:43 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:25:43 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <froomkin@law.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 08:25:43 -0800 (PST)
To: Rich Graves <rcgraves@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Not. [Was Re: Federal Reserve Bank is ILLEGAL?]

Actually, I have always had a soft spot for the Bavarian Illuminati.

Those wanting to know more should find a good university library and look
at:

Vernon Stauffer, New England and the Bavarian Illuminati (published in
1918 -- you won't find this in your bookstore....)

Amazingly, the whole original Bavarian Illuminati panic was set off in
1798 in a single sermon given by Reverend Jedeidiah Morse on May 9, 1798,
based on his reading of John Robison's 1797 book, Proofs of a Conspiracy
Against All the Religions and Governments of Europe.

It's really an incredible piece of US social history and I think tells us
a lot about the national temper then and now.

The national panic over this early "reds under the beds" lasted almost two
years!  No one ever found any Illuminati in the US...

On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Rich Graves McElwained thusly:

> But Professor Froomkin, you are igNORING the inFLUENCE of the ILLUMINATI
> and the BILDERBERGERS. The same source that supplied this imPORTANT
> information about the FED tells us the TRUTH in an earlier missive. Mere
> "legality" and mere "facts" are NOT at issue here.
>
> http://www.hevanet.com/nitehawk/nwo4.html
>
> |ADAM WISEHOPHF, Professor at Germany's Ingolstadt University, founded
> |The Order of the Illuminati on May 1, 1776. This man designed the very
> |plan of world domination that is still in use today to enslave the
> |world's masses. Here, upon establishing his "Order of the Illuminati",
> |he smugly reflects on his "conning" the gullible Christians of his day,
> |saying:
> |
> |"The most wonderful thing of all is that the distinguished Lutheran and
> |Calvinist theologians who belong to our order really believe that they
> |see in it (Illuminati) the true and genuine sense of Christian
> |Religion. Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to
> |believe?"
> |
> |Evidently not! And a high percentage of Christians today are still
> |being conned in the same way. One prime example of this are the
> |millions of Christians, and most church denominations, who have fallen
> |for the NWO plan of a "One World RELIGION", being spearheaded by the
> |United Nations' National and World Counsel of Churches, behind the
> |battle cry of ecumenicalism.
> |
> |Watch the future and we will see only small groups of spiritual Ameri-
> |cans, who will resist following the millions of "religious" lambs to
> |the slaughter. The Lord of the Bible always warned His people to never
> |follow the MULTITUDE.
>
> As everyone on cypherPUNKS KNOWS, to every conspiracy theory there IS a
> grain of TRUTH. We as a people MUST understand the TRUTH and fulfill our
> DESTINY. FREE AMERICA! http://www.nswpp.org/
>
> > > Or am I just making that common but incorrect assumption that
> > > unconstitutionality entails illegality?
> >
> > No, I'm afraid you are making the common but incorrect assumption that
> > reading some part of one court case from the dustbin of history out of
> > context makes you a constitutional expert.
>
> I seriously doubt he believes that. Or anything else he's spouting off
> about.
>
> > > Thanks for responding to this thread, Michael.  Your input is very
> > > much valued.
> >
> > You may feel differently as I get grumpier...
>
> Believe me, you're being far too kind.
>
> -rich

A. Michael Froomkin        | +1 (305) 284-4285; +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)
Associate Professor of Law |
U. Miami School of Law     | froomkin@law.miami.edu
P.O. Box 248087            | http://www.law.miami.edu/~froomkin
Coral Gables, FL 33124 USA | Great weather here.

Thread