1996-11-28 - Re: wealth and property rights

Header Data

From: furballs <furballs@netcom.com>
To: Dave Kinchlea <security@kinch.ark.com>
Message Hash: 8dd346374c20e579c22da0a3ba2cf6ef41c26983ca85ef2e848cf30052980ff5
Message ID: <Pine.3.89.9611280114.A12327-0100000@netcom>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961127145412.550E-100000@kinch.ark.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-28 09:07:31 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 01:07:31 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: furballs <furballs@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 1996 01:07:31 -0800 (PST)
To: Dave Kinchlea <security@kinch.ark.com>
Subject: Re: wealth and property rights

On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, Dave Kinchlea wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Nov 1996, snow wrote:
> You are clearly an angry young man. I am sorry you have such a poor
> opinion of people, I am even more sorry if it is justified. You can
> believe me or not, but what you describe is *not* the ordinary case in
> this country. Of course, in this country we have a disgusting 10+%
> unemployment rate. Even if people DO want to work, there are no jobs.
>
> All that aside, I can tell you do not have a family if you thing that
> $6.50/hr is a living! Even accounting for the difference in our dollar,
> I would say that is barely subsistence income for a single person. Are
> we *all* not worthy of more than that?
>
> cheers, kinch

The above is a catchall I have heard too many times in trying to justify
a minimum wage. What most people fail to remember is that it is not
whether or not a person is worthy of the wage, but more to the point what
someone is willing to pay for their time to exercise a skill set they
have developed.

Those who understand this simple principle and are willing to work to be
successful, by whatever defintion of success they apply, will ultimately
achieve their goal.

...Paul

Thread