1996-11-18 - Cpunks Frog Forwards discontinuation

Header Data

From: Damaged Justice <frogfarm@yakko.cs.wmich.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9b328c27e6bb6b6b0e3f37c4949d5193131f5e7080e2a5bd3c115075040a6534
Message ID: <199611181437.JAA22942@yakko.cs.wmich.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 06:37:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Damaged Justice <frogfarm@yakko.cs.wmich.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 1996 06:37:40 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Cpunks Frog Forwards discontinuation

I will be discontinuing my "Cpunks Frog Forwards" filtering service within
one week of the announcement of Perry Metzger's new crypto list, and possibly
sooner if my patience runs out, because 1) I have too many other things to
take care of in my life, 2) there really isn't as great a need for it anymore
due to the number and variety of other filtering services, and 3) my sanity
is being stretched to its limits having to wade through the mountains of
bullshit that now infest my inbox, even with procmail's kindly assistance.
Perry was right: Cypherpunks has become a sewer. As Robert Anton Wilson said,
"Only a sewer accepts everything."

Here is a list of the other filtering services I am currently aware of:

 o Alan Clegg runs an UNMODERATED cypherpunks digest, which only reduces the
   the volume of separate messages. Subscribe by mailing to

    majordomo@gateway.com

    (Standard majordomo list -- send "help" in the body for information.)

 o Eric Blossom runs a commercial "Cypherpunks Lite" for a modest fee,
   approximately 20.00US/year. Mail eb@comsec.com for more info. For a
   sample, read the archive at

   ftp://ftp.crl.com/users/co/comsec/cp-lite

 o Ray Arachelian runs a free filtering service, sticking mostly to news
   and technical stuff with a few other tidbits thrown in. Mail

   sunder@dorsai.dorsai.org

   for more info, or to be added.

See you all on the other side.

"Cypherpunks write code."

--
I let go of the law, and people become honest /  I let go of economics, and
people become prosperous / I let go of religion, and people become serene /

Thread