1996-11-25 - Forming a multinational

Header Data

From: Vipul Ved Prakash <vipul@pobox.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypherpunks)
Message Hash: 9fea3946b1880fc3eb21185a6328e3de59f3d6755880d58cdec9972778b7882e
Message ID: <199611252351.XAA00369@fountainhead.net>
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:18:41 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Vipul Ved Prakash <vipul@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 10:18:41 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Cypherpunks)
Subject: Forming a multinational

Hi,

I am physically located in India and want to start up a  US firm that will operate in India. Basically
the firm will be a multonational with regional offices in couple of countries, to start with India
and prolly one somewhere in Europe sometime later. The business involves a tie up with another US firm.
These people will obviosly require USD payements, while most of the money we'll make will be in Indian
rupees, since initially we'll be _actually_ operating only in India.

The problems here are :

x. Can I, an Indian citizen start a US firm?
x. Is it _legal_ to transfer Rupees funds to our root US firm and buy dollars with it to
   pay our partners there?
x. Who will sell us USDs? Foreign Exchange offices? Firms like Accu-Rate?
x. What is the tax situation in US for non-citizens?
x. Is US the best place to start such a firm, primary need is to be able to pay dollars to US partner,
   while earning in rupees, without any legal hassles.

Any help will be appreiciated,

Best,
Vipul

--

Vipul Ved Prakash                 | - Electronic Security & Crypto
vipul@pobox.com 	          | - Internet & Intranets

Thread