1996-11-05 - Re: Montgolfiering Spoof

Header Data

From: cypher@cyberstation.net
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ad31b3ed1f9a2ea62816f2655ba77f44d81673b5297b9be73a347fe408d9d22b
Message ID: <Pine.BSI.3.95.961104221833.2559A-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
Reply To: <199611010919.KAA04730@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-05 04:23:57 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 20:23:57 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: cypher@cyberstation.net
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 20:23:57 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Montgolfiering Spoof

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Anonymous wrote:

> At 10:47 AM -0500 10/31/96, Rabid Wombat wrote:
> >On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Bill Frantz wrote:
> >
> >> Gee, I put that post in the same place I carefully keep my back issues of
> >> the Cypherpunks Enquirer.
> >>

> >Bill, you must be humor-impaired. That piece was a great send-up of
> >Woods. I was laughing 'til tears spilled down an shorted out my keyboard.
> >I dunno who posted that, but I'm in awe.
>
> Thanks.
>
> I know the author rather well, and he assures me he dashed off this
> satirical piece in about as much time as he takes to write his normal
> articles. He tells me that once he had "grokked" the inimitable (not) style
> of Don Wood, it was easy to write a screed that echoed Wood's wackiness.
>
> Of course, for people who read satire on this list, the initials at the end
> are a clue. But don't publish who you think it is, as KVFP doesn't want a
> lawsuit from Wood for hurting Wood's feelings.
>
> --KVFP

I do not intend to bring any lawsuit about any spoof. I have more
important things to do with my time. I enjoyed it too  and had some good
laughs. Keep it up, it helps us to keep everything in perspective,

Kindest regards,

Don Wood

> --
>

> --