1996-11-06 - Re: [NOISE] If the shoe fits, wear it [VULIS]

Header Data

From: “networks@vir.com” <networks@vir.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: b3a093d5cb338cb12b107bb6ac46062bc0f5a41bcfee2d9790d3c910cc9ca9dd
Message ID: <01BBCBF6.6CBDEC00@ipdyne9.vir.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:24:21 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "networks@vir.com" <networks@vir.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 12:24:21 -0800 (PST)
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Re: [NOISE] If the shoe fits, wear it [VULIS]

Rich Graves Wrote:

>Yes, this gets to my point. Private censorship tells more about the
>censor than about the censored. In this case, John acted properly, and
>his credibility has only been enhanced. You are of course free to rant
>and rave about his hypocrisy, but expecially since you'll always be able
>to post to the list, at least under a nym (the only thing he's prevented
>is your reading the list under your own name), you're only proving
>yourself to be an idiot.

The nature of the Internet means it is extremely difficult for John
to prevent Dr. Vulis from either posting using a pseudonym or
having messages forwarded to him.  IF it were possible to prevent
Vulis from either reading messages or posting do you think John
would have done that too?  Just curious.

Alan Majer
networks@vir.com

Thread