1996-11-01 - Invitation: Please Post

Header Data

From: Center for Cryptography Computer and Network Security <cccns@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To: desmedt@miller.cs.uwm.edu
Message Hash: cee670950543fdaf5a3a7539afde9bfe9f2ca00b67db3d3d042af4ecb932c7c8
Message ID: <199611010017.SAA12464@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 22:59:01 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Center for Cryptography Computer and Network Security <cccns@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 1996 22:59:01 -0800 (PST)
To: desmedt@miller.cs.uwm.edu
Subject: Invitation: Please Post

        OOO     PPPP    EEEEE   N     N   IIIIIII   N     N      GGGGG
       O   O    P   P   E       NN    N      I      NN    N     G     G
      O     O   P   P   E       N N   N      I      N N   N    G
      O     O   PPPP    EEE     N  N  N      I      N  N  N    G
      O     O   P       E       N   N N      I      N   N N    G    GGG
       O   O    P       E       N    NN      I      N    NN     G     G
        OOO     P       EEEEE   N     N   IIIIIII   N     N      GGGGG

                                    OF THE

            CENTER FOR CRYPTOGRAPHY, COMPUTER AND NETWORK SECURITY

                 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
                  College of Engineering and Applied Science
                     University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

                              November 21, 1996

            SCHEDULE:

               10:45 Welcome

               11:00 Friction in Secret Sharing and Key Escrowing
                       by G. R. BLAKLEY, Texas A&M University.
                          co-inventor of secret sharing

               11:45 Break

               13:45 The State of the Art in Computational Number Theory
                       by ERIC BACH, University of Wisconsin, Madison.
                          co-author of "Algorithmic Number Theory, Vol. 1"

               14:30 Coffee

               15:15 Opening ceremony and introduction of keynote speaker.

               15:30 The Importance of Cryptography to Industry
                       by WHITFIELD DIFFIE, Sun Microsystems
                          co-inventor of public key

               16:30 Reception

Related event: Friday November 22, Computer Science Seminar Series Lecture.

               15:30 Robust and Efficient Sharing of RSA Functions
                       by TAL RABIN, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center

You are cordially invited to attend the opening. For upcoming information,
such as the vitae of the speakers, the location of the event, the Center's
faculty members, driving instructions, consult: http://www.cs.uwm.edu/~cccns

Free registration requested. Please register by e-mail to cccns@cs.uwm.edu
Indicate whether you also plan to attend the lecture of Tal Rabin on Friday
November 22. Include your name and address.

          George Davida           Yvo Desmedt           Rene Peralta
          Professor               Professor             Associate Professor
                                  Director

The Center's purpose will be to advance knowledge in the areas of cryptography,
computer security, network security and related areas from theoretical as well
as practical viewpoints. For more details see: http://www.cs.uwm.edu/~cccns

Thread