1996-11-16 - Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d64e5172d031f5ac718ef8e7eb234606c6381b5e744628d0a709c4e578db3336
Message ID: <m9VHXD21w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <328D2BB7.71DC@gte.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-16 17:20:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 09:20:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 09:20:46 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [REBUTTAL] Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net> writes:

> > It still isn't censorship. Censorship, at least in my dictionary,
> > refers to censor, which uses the word "Official" several times. Mr.
> > Gilmore is not an "Official" in a government sense, he maybe in the EFF
> > sense, but this is not an "Official" EFF organ, so that doesn't count.
>
> We *are* talking about the cypherpunks list, yes?  Then, in terms of the
> list, John Gilmore *is* the official, hence a censor, plying his skills.

I suspect that some of the people saying this have a serious drug/alcohol
problem and are very adept at denying tthat they have one. Denial is a
transferrable skill.

> Why all the denial and repeated (redundant) blathering about John's
> *right* to something he allegedly owns?  Simple.  The folks who put this
> stuff out want desperately to believe that this list they spend so much
> time on is "really OK", and not a censored medium.  Denial is the key.

Kind of reminds you of "1984", doesn't it? War is peace. Love is hate. Timmy
May (fart) is a crypto expert. John Gilmore is neither official nor a censor.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM