1996-11-26 - Re: Exon Countdown Clock and farewell messages

Header Data

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: da9461ed6f7a384e738a0885c014b97ac248449c422fe3f66db2389140841d23
Message ID: <v02140b04aebfedff4261@[10.0.2.15]>
Raw Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:08:33 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: azur@netcom.com (Steve Schear)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:08:33 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Exon Countdown Clock and farewell messages

This is a draft of my letter to our dear retiring senator.  Any suggested
improvements?

-------------
Honorable Senator Exon,

Although in all likelyhood you will never read this memorandum, I wish to
express my sincere regret at your retirement and thanks for your many years
of ignoble service to our nation misrepresenting the wishes of your
constituents.

You have served as a stallwart against change as did those who resisted the
telephone, automobile, radio, television and computer (to name but a few)
before you.  You are a champion of politically correct thinking and
behaviour, perhaps the most dangerous manifestation of an American trend to
intolerence and obedience to social rules.

It is a shame we will not have your carcass to kick around in the halls of
Congress come next term.  All the luck you're due.

-- Steve Schear

Thread