1996-11-13 - Re: Exon Countdown Clock and farewell messages

Header Data

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
To: Declan McCullagh <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: df25243d6892185d1402c7d79c75c91b57e5fa148abfa71d4e25b69612064020
Message ID: <199611132008.MAA04178@toad.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:08:39 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Sean Roach <roach_s@alph.swosu.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 12:08:39 -0800 (PST)
To: Declan McCullagh <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Exon Countdown Clock and farewell messages

To which, at 07:57 PM 11/12/96 -0800, Declan McCullagh wrote:

>I disagree. I think people understand the printing press and still want
>to control it. Morality police are morality police, no matter what the
>medium or how well they understand it.

A valid point, and Exon may have had designs of media control the whole
time.  The methods he used and the arguments he stated, however, suggested
to me, that he was someone who did not comprehend the technology.  Those who
he was able to sway with the dossier of .GIF's certainly were ignorant, many
of them were turned by that one display of images.

Thread