1996-11-15 - Re: Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: nelson@crynwr.com
Message Hash: e1ed355652cc4fb800b784bb8b34fefaeb72ad347f480ddafe08c228a5c48f24
Message ID: <328C8847.49F7@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.GSO.3.95.961112093119.7009B-100000@well.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-15 15:40:46 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 07:40:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 1996 07:40:46 -0800 (PST)
To: nelson@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Censorship on cypherpunks?, from The Netly News

nelson@crynwr.com wrote:
>  > So you disagree.  Well, the last sentence above says it all - this "list"
>  > that you and 1900+ other people spend so much time on is "just property"
>  > (like a slave), it's censorable (meaning freedom of speech is *specifically
>  > excluded*), and it's terminable without notice (meaning that it's really
>  > just one person's private fantasy, and we'll all bozos on the bus, as it were).

> Yup.  Clearly, then you will wish to start your own mailing list,
> which you will promise is not property, not censorable, and not
> terminable without notice.  Do it!  Don't let us tell you you can't
> (not that anyone is)!  I suspect that you will quickly change your
> opinion of mailing list owners.

I'll bet you're one of those people who tell your kids "Just wait 'till
you grow up - then you'll realize just how smart us parents really are",
etc. etc.  Am I right, Mr. Cliche?  Why do you even bother?

Thread