1996-11-24 - [Noise] Re: Thanks/was:This is your last warning

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Message Hash: ebf4a4eaaeddc5199673efd2adea5094ec86b7a84488ca5a917266b4c5db9d13
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.961124162856.5157A-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961124121241.5205A-100000@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-24 21:53:55 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 13:53:55 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 1996 13:53:55 -0800 (PST)
To: aga <aga@dhp.com>
Subject: [Noise] Re: Thanks/was:This is your last warning

On Sun, 24 Nov 1996, aga wrote:

> > > Not really, I had an I.Q. of 149, and a perfect 4.00 from
> > > two different colleges, before I did my Doctorate in Law.
> >
> > 149 puts you at the low end of the scale, or used to, around here.
> >

> True, they say genius only starts at 150; but I think I have
> improved since then.

This betrays your ignorance.  I.Q. is scaled according to age.  One does
not "improve."

> > The fact (if true) that you bothered to get a Doctorate in Law, rather
> > than a Juris Doctor, tends to disprove the above however.
> >

> Look dude, a Juris Doctor IS a Doctorate of Law.

Incorrect.

One can obtain a Doctorate in Law, (As in Dr.) but it is generally a
pointless endeavor except in some civil law jurisdictions.  (Liechtenstein
is a good example, where many attornies have a Dr.Iur. (Dr.) while others
merely have a Lic.Iur. (J.D.) ).

A J.D. requires no dissertation.
A Doctorate in Law does.

I submit you know too little about any of these to have attained either
one.

> Do not confuse it with a L.L.D. which is a "Doctorate
> of Legal Letters"  A J.D. is the only current valid
> Doctorate that you can do in plain "Law."

Incorrect.

A J.D. is not a true Doctorate, and even if it were, it would not be the
only current valid "Doctorate" that you can "do" in "plain Law."

Georgetown, as an example, offers a Doctorate in Law degree which requires
a J.D., an LL.M. and three years of legal teaching experience simply to
qualify for the program.

A Doctor of Judicial Science program is also available with many of the
same requirements.

Both programs require a dissertation and a defense of same.

San Marcos University is also known for an exceptional Doctor of Laws
program.

Incidently, LL.D.s are rare and generally useful only in European circles.

As usual, you have overextended your bounds and now find yourself swimming
in water over your head.

> > > Go and eat your swiss cheese, as that is apparently all you
> > > are good for.  My mercenaries are too busy to go to europe
> > > right now.
> >
> > I prefer Chedder.
> >
> > Be careful who you threaten.  It might get you in trouble.
> >

> Threatening to wipe out your location on the InterNet is
> not against ANY law whatsoever, and I can mailbomb you, do
> a DOS attack, fork-bomb attack and virus attack against you,
> all of which are perfectly legal.

Actually, they are not.  Unauthorized access of a computer system is a
crime.  Anyone who had a "doctorate" in law would know this.

I doubt your reference to mercenaries was merely a threat to my system,
but keep pushing if you like.

> > > Look asshole, I graduated from Law School with a Doctorate
> > > in 1975.  Now just go away and stop interfering with our
> > > American Net.

Which law school?  And did you do a dissertation?  What is its title?  Do
you practice?  What state are you licensed in?

> Face the real fact of life though dude.  There is absolutely NO LAW
> which prevents me from attacking and/or eliminating any address
> outside of the USA, that is, even if there were any law which would
> prevent me from doing the same thing to any non-government
> computer right here, which there is not.

Ok, do it.  We'll see.

> Your only protection on this Internet is to have a dozen different
> addresses to access from.  I can put a dozen computers up on
> a dozen different T1's right now, if need be.

I suggest a hobby which entails more physical activity.

--
Forward complaints to : European Association of Envelope Manufactures
Finger for Public Key   Gutenbergstrasse 21;Postfach;CH-3001;Bern

Thread