1996-11-21 - Re: NT insecurity

Header Data

From: cbg <cbg@wwa.com>
To: “lyalc@cba.com.au>
Message Hash: f3bb9d5659f0d1a85a06dbc3ca93618aff10d4ade08838066f4426d5e2639bfb
Message ID: <Pine.BSD.3.92.961121011909.24974B-100000@shoga.wwa.com>
Reply To: <32919A95.159E@mail.cba.com.au>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-21 07:20:59 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 23:20:59 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: cbg <cbg@wwa.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 23:20:59 -0800 (PST)
To: "lyalc@cba.com.au>
Subject: Re: NT insecurity

On Tue, 19 Nov 1996, lyalc@mail.cba.com.au wrote:

> Justin Robbins wrote:
> >
> > Well, for those uninformed out there who believe that you can
> > penetrate an NT box using NTFSDOS, the problem remains that security
> > in windows NT is a combination between the filesystem NTFS and the
> > actual operating system, NT. NTFSDOS only allows reading the drives,
> > not writing to them. NT also keeps the security registry
>
> I guess Norton Utilities for DOS don't work if you have NTFSDOS loaded,
> then.

no... from what I read.... NT's security features only work on NTFS
formated drives... if you where to run it on a drive with a FAT partition
then you wouldn't get to use any of it's security features

cbg

Thread