1996-11-04 - Re: New On WWW.Infowar.Com Vol I #4

Header Data

From: “Betty G. O’Hearn” <betty@infowar.com>
To: news_from_wschwartau@infowar.com
Message Hash: f4eebaeb9681e5534a5ff736cc88ab7459e8231b0f418b853cd6e714f85ba896
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19961104224500.007539ac@mail.infowar.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:45:18 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "Betty G. O'Hearn" <betty@infowar.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:45:18 -0800 (PST)
To: news_from_wschwartau@infowar.com
Subject: Re: New On WWW.Infowar.Com  Vol I  #4

                     New On WWW Infowar.Com   Take a look.  Pass it on.

                                            We thank our sponsors:

                                National Computer Security Association
                                         Open Source Solutions
                       New Dimensions International - Security Training
                                      Secure Computing Corporation
                                      HOMECOM Communications

>      *   New Order Theat Analysis: A Literature Survey
>      *   USAF Opens First Information Warfare Training Laboratory
>      *   The E-Bomb- a Weapon of Electrical Mass Destruction.
>      *   Financial Cryptography 1997 (FC97) The world's first financial
>                 cryptography conference, workshop, and exhibition!
>      *   Where is Winn Schwartau? Check out his schedule!
>      *    New Full Body Scanning Planned for US Airport Security; But is it
>                       safe?
>      *   Lighten your load - some randomly offensive funnies.
>      *   Virtual Reality-Training For the Future, points out that there may
                        be more than one way to learn marksmanship and other
                        skills that may be needed in a military/crisis
environment.
>       *  A valuable resource... Stateless Warfare: Commandant's Planning
>                   Guidance
>       *  IBIS (International Banking and Information Security) Conference
>                    New York City, February 20-21, 1997.
>       * "Infowarrior Road Kit" - Don't leave home without it!
>       *  A valuable resource... G-TWO Open Source Intelligence
>       *  Quasi-technical humor that should really not offend anyone. 11 Tips.
>       *  From Steve Macko, ENN editor, a briefing and analysis on the
>                      Russian military.
>       *  The Ethics of  Information Warfare and Statecraft
                         by Dr Dan Kuehl, NDU.
>       *  Interview of Winn Schwartau for a Dutch publication by W. Belgers.
>       *  Infosecurity News....check this out!!!
>       *  A good read by Ralph McGehee on "CIA's Failure of Intelligence RE:
>                       Terrorism"
>       *  Read about the results of Information Weeks' Information Security
>                       Survey: Internet vulnerability, malicious internal
                         attacks by employees and lack of confidence are key
findings.
>       *  Excellent information on How To Get Less Junk Mail...
>       *  U.S. Arms Control and Disarmament Agency
>       *  Do you want a copy of your FBI file? Or your file with another
>                  agency? Here's how!
>       *  From Sweden, DESTA Newsletter.
>       *  Big money maker for Year 2000 Problem.

>              We are kicking off the discussion group infowar@infowar.com.
>
>              If you are not registered and want to be to receive this list, go
>                   the website and register.  (http://www.infowar.com)
>
>        To start off the moderated discussion that will be posted  in digest
>   form we are  to begin with opening up the topics to non-lethals,  psyops,
>            chemical warfare agents and  WMD.  Hope you participate!
>
>>*************************************************************
>Archives of C4I have been received and will be available after some hardware
>upgrades.

>                           Announcing Winn Schwartau's New Book -
>
>"Information Warfare - Cyberterrorism:  Protecting Your Personal Security In
>the Electronic Age" by Winn Schwartau
>Thunder's Mouth Press, New York. 212.780.0380
>ISBN:  1-56025-132-8
>Released Date:  October 30, 1996.

>For futher information contact Thunder's Mouth Press at 212.780.0380, your
>local bookstore or  NCSA at 717.258.1816.

http://www.Infowar.Com
Managed by Winn Schwartau
winn@infowar.com
Interpact, Inc.