1996-11-16 - Re: More Euro Key Escrow

Header Data

From: Mark Shuttleworth <marks@thawte.com>
To: ben@algroup.co.uk
Message Hash: f829d2cfef2d1ec973ba5d995d7250e2d3aad9c61ec7f184b4f0c7594cc2c53e
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.95.961116205506.15573B-100000@bilbo.thawte.com>
Reply To: <9611161725.aa16313@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-16 19:14:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 11:14:48 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Mark Shuttleworth <marks@thawte.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 1996 11:14:48 -0800 (PST)
To: ben@algroup.co.uk
Subject: Re: More Euro Key Escrow

> I've looked more closely at the "Royal Holloway" protocol, supposedly
> under consideration by the EC for key escrow in Europe, though I must say that
> anyone who deploys it will get what they deserve.

I've taken a personal look at this,  and it's awful.  I'd like to make a
formal submission from Thawte to the EC committee in charge.  Even better,
I'd like to muster industry support against escrow schemes in general in
the EC. If any organisations following this thread would like to join us
in that submission,  please contact me directly.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Mark Shuttleworth