1996-11-13 - Re: Black Unicorn exposed?

Header Data

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
To: ph@netcom.com (Peter Hendrickson)
Message Hash: f87f1f9c50b0ed0f8bfd90e21cc29627f0254ad070d3ada8ef8584840d8b4b8f
Message ID: <199611131843.MAA01765@smoke.suba.com>
Reply To: <v02140b03aeaa71ed1c84@[192.0.2.1]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-11-13 18:27:40 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:27:40 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: snow <snow@smoke.suba.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 10:27:40 -0800 (PST)
To: ph@netcom.com (Peter Hendrickson)
Subject: Re: Black Unicorn exposed?

> At 11:00 AM 11/9/1996, Robert Hettinga wrote:
> > S. L. vonBernhardt, <mailto:unicorn@schloss.li>,...
> Black Unicorn recently stated that had taken measures to shield
> his identity so that people would be unable to cause harm to
> his professional activities by making unsubstantiated claims
> that could scare off prospective clients.
> It appears now that this protection has evaporated.  It will not
> be very hard in the future to put this information together with
> other statements people may make about Mr. Unicorn.
> We are hardly operating in a hostile environment.  Yet, somebody
> who has apparently gone to some effort to have an anonymous
> identity has been exposed.  The implications of this are worth
> considering.

     You, and others are assuming that S. L. von Bernhardt is his
real name. Many many levels of deception are possible.

Petro, Christopher C.
petro@suba.com <prefered for any non-list stuff>
snow@smoke.suba.com

Thread