1996-12-30 - Re: With my deepest regards….

Header Data

From: AwakenToMe@aol.com
To: admin@veracruz.net
Message Hash: 092e67afd9f02fb9ad1d05212d4497a967c5aa88949bd75947c85355835a0882
Message ID: <9612301300271156000499@emout15.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1996-12-30 18:01:17 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:01:17 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: AwakenToMe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 10:01:17 -0800 (PST)
To: admin@veracruz.net
Subject: Re: With my deepest regards....

In a message dated 96-12-29 16:00:50 EST, dthorn@gte.net (Dale Thorn) writes:

<<
 Adam Breaux wrote:
 > I am withdrawing from this list. Not because of the volume of
 > email...that I can deal with...but what I cannot deal with is the
 > volume of garbage and egotistical ranting that seems so prevalent in
 > what should for all sakes and purposes be a discussion of cyphering
 > and security. Apparently the name of this list is designed to
 > mislead...because of all the posts, a grand total of 5% proved worth
 > reading at all.

 Note to cypherpunks:  This guy complains about the problem, but he *is*
 the problem.  *He* wants to tell us *he's* leaving.  Talk about ego-
 tistical ranting!  What a hypocrite.

 BTW, 5% is a pretty good percentage in my book.

Since I never said I dont contribute to the problem.. I think Ill point
out... that in a reverse notion...He isn't the problem.  What you replied
back is the problem. I DONT see this list (the other 95%) filled with people
saying that they dont like the list. So..since he isnt the other 95% (maybe
>0.5% complain) and you with a useless post... are (is) the porblem. I know
this post back doesn''t 'help' but I think it brings to light problems with a
list that exists for a purpose. Think of it as a democracy on a list. It
exists for a reason.. and the people support THAT existence.

Thread