1996-12-19 - Re: Encryption ?

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: SHARK <otaner@boun.edu.tr>
Message Hash: 2900e1b52bb86abee392b03fa0b1a27521823bbbe8cd2b21aa30ef77e26ac766
Message ID: <32B960E3.1E2E@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.A32.3.91.961219132500.5946D-100000@hamlin.cc.boun.edu.tr>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-19 15:37:23 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 07:37:23 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 07:37:23 -0800 (PST)
To: SHARK <otaner@boun.edu.tr>
Subject: Re: Encryption ?

SHARK wrote:

> I am a Mathematic student at Bosphorus University in Turkey.
> I am interested in both computer applications and mathematical base of
> encryption.Where can I find this kind of staff on internet.
> Is it necessary to have high level of mathematical background in order to
> deal with encryption??
>
> By the way Is there any member of this list from Turkey?

There are a lot of NSA people here on cypherpunks, and they try very
hard to control encryption, to make everyone think it is difficult, to
discourage independent inquiry.

That is the main reason they accuse people of being snakeoil vendors,
to discourage people from inquiring about really new ideas, like some
of my ideas for example.

Just so you know....

Thread