1996-12-06 - cypher-PUNKS…

Header Data

From: jc105558@spruce.hsu.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3cc487e3875c15dfdb80f0b02fea8c895bf6ed595804ef5d99d9a2511aea6b7f
Message ID: <009AC690.10DDC280.3@SPRUCE.HSU.EDU>
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 00:24:57 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: jc105558@spruce.hsu.edu
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 00:24:57 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: cypher-PUNKS...

I am writing this post to inform subcsribers of this list of the problems I
have seen in this service.  The number one problem being off subject discussion
I understand that the name of this is cypherpunks, but why not put a little
more cypher and a lot less punk.  I can understand how it can all get started
One person posts some intelligent information.  Then another replys dissagreeing
with the original sender.  Then the sender takes it personally, and feels a need
to flame the other.  There is nothing wrong with flaming a bit, but for the
name-sake of this mailer, please post more realevent (or at least interesting)
information.  Logos take a chill pill.  You aren't a policeman.   Tim May, do
you have anything on subject to discuss?

Allright, enough about that.

I have a heard of a new encryption style called something like "Zone-redundant"
and I was hoping if someone had any information on it?  I think it is based on
encrypting random pieces of encrypted data, but since I have very VERY little
knowledge of the subject (hoping to learn a little from this mailer) I'm not
sure.  Does anyone have more information on the subject?

- James -

p.s. Logos, Tim May nothing personal, I hope.

Thread