1996-12-30 - Re: ssn hack

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: jazzmin@ou.edu
Message Hash: 5286e946c52ff8ff1d58405d60054498ebce17c844fcc5dbc90648c8d230f5be
Message ID: <32C7F8FF.6A40@gte.net>
Reply To: <3.0.32.19961229161745.0068f300@mail.tcbi.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-30 17:18:08 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:18:08 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 09:18:08 -0800 (PST)
To: jazzmin@ou.edu
Subject: Re: ssn hack

Lurker wrote:
> At 08:10 PM 12/28/96 -0600, Jazzmin Belle Sommers wrote:
> >I still find that the best line of defense regarding privacy is a complete
> >second identity.  Does anyone know how to apply for proper papers (taxpayer
> >ID#, checking account, picture ID of some sort) for a second identity?  As
> >far as I know, it is not illegal to have one, as long as it is not used for
> >fraud.  I'm an artist, yeah, that's it.

> I'm not sure that you can go through such a procedure to attain a legal
> "alias"; but on the other hand why the hell would you want to?

This may be true if the second identity runs concurrently with the first,
but if you really need a new identity, such as govt. provides in the
"witness protection" programs, get some of the books through the
"underground" mailorder distributors.  Books such as The Heavy Duty
New Identity, or How To Disappear And Never Be Found.

I can provide the names of the mailorder companies if you wish.
The books average $15 to $30, and I can't vouch for the content.

For cross referencing and verification, you could also purchase the
antithesis types, i.e., How To Find Anybody (etc.) by Ted Gunderson
et al.

Thread