1996-12-24 - Re: Ebonics

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Message Hash: 55dc19c49e5d93824f0e006e6b764915ccfe292a4c33ceabdc030ff288adfc2b
Message ID: <32BF2E0C.303D@gte.net>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.961223161752.17839A-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-24 01:14:48 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 17:14:48 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 17:14:48 -0800 (PST)
To: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Subject: Re: Ebonics

Ray Arachelian wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:
> > John Gilmore unsubscribed me from this mailing list (in a very rude manner)
> > and I am not allowed to resubscribe. I am not subscribed to this mailing list.

> Funny, you post messages here, you read messages from here, IMHO, you
> haven't been unscumscribed.

Dr. Vulis has in fact been forcibly unsubscribed.  He's on my "who
cypherpunks" list as of 12 Oct 1996, but does not appear as of
04 Nov, 30 Nov, and 18 Dec, when I last asked for a list.

The fact that he still reads the list and does posts only adds to the
arguments against censorship, specifically John Gilmore's censorship.
(This has got to be embarrassing for Gilmore, hee hee.  I'll bet he
practices keeping a straight face in front of a mirror, in case anyone
brings it up in person.)

If, as has been said, assassination is the ultimate form of censorship,
then Dr. Vulis has been shot, stoned, beat on, and cement-booted, but
he still lives and is a thorn (no pun intended) in the side of would-
be censors on the Internet.

Thread