1996-12-23 - Re: Ebonics

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 56218abf0e5603dabddad41ca8aa455eb5a7e85ea2c5f480ff0d8da9e3974a9f
Message ID: <mkieZD35w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199612231355.IAA15284@jafar.issl.atl.hp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-23 18:26:46 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:26:46 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 1996 10:26:46 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ebonics

Jeff Barber <jeffb@issl.atl.hp.com> writes:
> Matthew J. Miszewski writes (directed to Tim May):
> > You do advocate the unemployment of people who do utilize such a
> > dialect/language.
>
> I've never seen Tim "advocate the unemployment" of anyone or any group.
> He has merely argued that an employer should be free *not* to hire an
> individual for any reason whatsoever.  Such a reason might include his/her
> language/dialect, appearance, race, gender, religion or any other
> (arbitrary-to-an-outsider) criterion.

No, that's what I said. Get your attributions straight.

>                                        This is a standard libertarian
> position and shouldn't be too difficult to grasp.

Bullshit. "Libertarians" are fucking statists who whine on this list
about "illegal discrimination" and the need for the gubmint to enforce
the "right to work".

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM