1996-12-13 - Re: Would you send money to Gary Rasmussen ?

Header Data

From: jimg@mentat.com (Jim Gillogly)
To: peter.allan@aeat.co.uk
Message Hash: 570bcfdd3c74b2ce24dfbe87d2145c61d38a54ad7f26b3f5700824b984b1f923
Message ID: <199612132135.NAA03111@zendia.mentat.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:30:18 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: jimg@mentat.com (Jim Gillogly)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 13:30:18 -0800 (PST)
To: peter.allan@aeat.co.uk
Subject: Re: Would you send money to Gary Rasmussen ?

Yes, I've sent Gary Rasmussen (RagyR, Classical Crypto Books) money
and received books.  He's prompt and honest, in my experience, and
even offered to refund my money on the latest edition of Kahn's "The
Codebreakers" when I pointed out that there's very little new info
in it (16 pages), and it's not integrated with the text, nor does
it include the copious footnotes that make the original so valuable.

I met him at the most recent American Cryptogram Association meeting,
and he was efficient and personable there as well.

In fact, I just sent him another $69.95 today for the Handbook of
Applied Cryptography -- the ACA member price.  His price breaks are
usually much deeper for ACA members; evidently the margin is lower
for modern low-volume professional texts like this than for the
classical ones I usually buy.

	Jim Gillogly
	jim@acm.org

> From: peter.allan@aeat.co.uk (Peter M Allan)
>    >    >  (And is there anyone I'd know who'd suggest I send you money ?!)

Thread