1996-12-04 - Re: PRIVACY: X-No-Archive and mail.cypherpunks

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 79596b9d6dcbd74bbf43a1b32fa4c2b5f08cbf375f7a39cd818208c1725d9d9f
Message ID: <199612040501.XAA05167@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <v03007800aeca3aa7f70a@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-04 05:05:26 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:05:26 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 21:05:26 -0800 (PST)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: PRIVACY: X-No-Archive and mail.cypherpunks

Timothy C. May wrote:
> >Perhaps, Igor is worried about the unpredictable consequences of his
> >posts being readable by anybody, anywhere, forever.  The solution to
> >that problem is straightforward and I leave it as an exercise.
>
> Indeed, if Igor does not want his posts added to his dossier entry in the
> BlackNet Dossier Service (coming to an offshore site soon), he has various
> ways to ensure this. At least until better tools exist to link nyms to true
> names, a service BlackNet expects to offer (using the latest Bayesian
> inference techniques) within the next 18 months.

Actually I think that you misunderstand the issue: even if I manage to
reduce availability of my posts by only 1%, that is already good. I was
not making pipe dreams about 100% protection from atchiving.

	- Igor.

Thread