1996-12-22 - Re: Ebonics

Header Data

From: Jamie Lawrence <foodie@netcom.com>
To: “Matthew J. Miszewski” <mjmiski@execpc.com>
Message Hash: 7eaea6eb5015aa16ff00fab81b66fa4a69a471147398f2c2453b16336c5f1bae
Message ID: <v03007805aee23879c5dd@[10.0.2.15]>
Reply To: <3.0.32.19961221180621.006965f0@mail.execpc.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-22 01:04:56 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 17:04:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Jamie Lawrence <foodie@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 1996 17:04:56 -0800 (PST)
To: "Matthew J. Miszewski" <mjmiski@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Ebonics

Matt,

Are you honestly arguing that a system of communication
acknoledged and taught in a public school is satisfying
a 'need or desire to communicate in a private way"?

Or that Ebonics has anything to do with communicating
in the presence of a police officer?

Or that either of the above has anything to do with crypto?

If so, then I think you've said more than enough.

-j, who would like to note that nothing about my viewpoint on
Ebonics has been stated in this message.

--
"I'm about to, or I am going to, die. Either expression is used."
                - Last words of Dominique Bouhours, Grammarian, 1702

Thread