1996-12-10 - Re: Redlining

Header Data

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
To: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
Message Hash: 9be610b46a503eeed4af4e9357e41bce4de42509260eb0a9a1aad83c9612ab78
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.94.961210090234.4477A-100000@polaris>
Reply To: <199612100815.AAA09236@mailmasher.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-12-10 14:06:14 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 06:06:14 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 06:06:14 -0800 (PST)
To: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
Subject: Re: Redlining

On Tue, 10 Dec 1996, Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:

> Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 00:15:30 -0800
> From: Huge Cajones Remailer <nobody@huge.cajones.com>
> To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> Subject: Re: Redlining
>

> I seem to have upset you, Matt Miszewski, and I am sorry for that.  It
> appears to me that the problem we have is that we have different ideas
> about what is right and different perceptions of the nature of the
> world.
>
> It may appear that I intentionally put words in your mouth.  This is
> not the case.  We have different ideas about what is obvious.  I have
> made assumptions, but they seemed clear to me.  Apparently, they were
> not.  We may still have a fruitful discussion.
>
> At 4:17 PM 12/9/1996, Matthew J. Miszewski wrote:
> >At 03:14 PM 12/4/96 EST, Bovine Remailer wrote:
> >>At 11:26 AM 12/4/1996, Matthew J. Miszewski wrote:
> >[snippo]
> >>If I earned my very own money honestly and I choose to lend it only to
> >>Albanians, you believe that this would be inefficient and, therefore,
> >>forbidden.
> >
> >Actually I didnt say anything about private lending.  But as this thread
> >goes on you seem to assume much.
>
> I am assuming that you agree that somebody who has earned their money
> honestly should be able to lend it to whomever they please for
> whatever reason they like.  You call this private lending.  (Please
> correct me if I am wrong.)
>
> I believe that five friends should be able to get together, pool their
> resources, and lend their money to whomever they like.
>
> I believe that ten, or a hundred, or a thousand people should be able
> to pool their money and lend it to whomever they please for whatever
> reason they like.
>
> That, essentially, is what a bank is.  I do not believe the government
> should dictate which people you, or your bank, are allowed to lend to.

Create a bank where the identity of the customers are unknown and you
solve the redlining problem.

--
Forward complaints to : European Association of Envelope Manufactures
Finger for Public Key   Gutenbergstrasse 21;Postfach;CH-3001;Bern

Thread